Carrington, UK •PERMANENT
Site Electrical Engineer
We have been instructed by our Client to find a Site Electrical Engineer for their manufacturing site in Carrington.
The Site Electrical Engineer will report into the Site Maintenance Manager and form part of a Engineering team that designs and operates an effective engineering and maintenance strategy for the facility. The main function of the role is to ensure that the integrity of the plant is maintained at all times and to be the site technical focal point for HV.
Main responsibilities would be……
The main purpose of the role is to be the Site Electrical Duty Holder with responsibility for maintaining the integrity of the site electrical infrastructure and optimising the performance of the site electricity import and distribution system.
- Member of the Site Duty Rota for emergency cover (Must live within 1hr of the plant for this purpose)
- Ensure site electrical systems and work thereon complies with appropriate UK, EU (BS EN Standards) and Corporate legislation. Continuously monitor all legislation updates to ensure continuing compliance.
- Technical support to area management teams on electrical power issues
- Line responsibility / contract manager for managing electrical power content of projects; submit technical proposals and cost estimations, co-ordinate project team activities to ensure successful completion
- Management of key sub-contractors at the site
- Budget accountability for electrical discipline
- Responsibility for assessing the competency of site personnel undertaking electrical work
- Review working practices in the light of incidents (internal and external) along with HSE recommendations and best practices
- Line management responsibility for operation and maintenance of the site electricity supply network, site radio systems and site telecoms network infrastructure
- Maintain the site Electrical Engineering manuals and procedures; control their distribution
- Conduct audits of site working practices to ensure adherence to the Electrical Engineering procedures
- Ensure that electrical incidents – affecting personnel safety and plant operation – are investigated and reported
- Monitor and review electrical aspects of Site Safety procedures and Permitry
- Nominate and mentor suitable personnel as ATSE (Authorised Technical Signatory Engineering) – Electrical
- Interview, appoint and review Competent/Authorise Persons for work associated with electrical systems
- Participate in technical audits of plants, sites etc. as required
- Commission new works
- Maintain an active CPD
- Support, mentor and develop members of the site electrical team
- Use of SAP for electrical purchase requisitions, departmental budgets and statutory inspections
EDUCATION & LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum requirement for Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Member of Institute of Electrical Engineers / MIET, ideally Chartered or working towards
- Qualified for HV switching to 33kv
- Minimum 15 years’ experience with Petro-Chemical associated electrical power systems or similar environment.
- To have held the position of ‘Senior Authorised Electrical Person’ for working on HV equipment
- Authoritative knowledge of Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Practical experience of High Voltage system operation and maintenance including C&G 6037 qualification
- Authoritative knowledge of the selection and use of electrical equipment in hazardous areas
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as SAP
- Excellent communicator and relations builder
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in an organised, effective and timely manner
Interested? Get in touch