We are looking for a HSE Manager to join our team in Chirnside. As a HSE Manager you will work with Senior Managers in promoting a positive Health & Safety culture and working towards continual HSE improvements.
- Actively maintain Management Systems OHSAS 18001, ISO14001, ISO9001 & BRC and assist with annual reviews of Management Systems
- Maintain supplier and contractor approved list
- Conduct HSEQ Audits and Inspections to ensure legal compliance and identify potential Health Safety and Environmental hazards and risks
- Attend and provide input to the monthly Health & Safety Committee meetings
- Support the Business Unit with respect to regulatory requirements existing on the product portfolio.
- To respond to customer enquiries of a regulatory and/or environmental nature
- To monitor and advise on regulatory changes affecting our product portfolio.
- To advise on the acceptability of offering “standard” products to market in “non-standard” applications.
- To liaise with the divisional regulatory affairs function to ensure a consistency of response on ethical questions.
- To ensure compliance with existing legislation and to monitor impending changes to allow implementation of plans to address these future requirements.
- Provide guidance on all legislative matters.
- Ensure compliance with existing environmental legislation and monitor performance.
- Monitor impending changes to legislation to allow implementation of plans to address these future requirements.
- Arrange and attend meetings with Regulatory bodies as required.
- Provide an external audit function for the environmental processes.
- Provide input for all training needs for Environmental Management System.
- Attend all key Environmental Management System reviews including aPlus Steering Committee.
Needed experience & competencies:
• NEBOSH General Certificate
• IEMA Foundation (environmental)
• Experience as follows:
o Working in a construction or manufacturing environment
o Working with HSEQ management systems
o Auditing of OHSAS 18001, ISO14001 & ISO9001
Experienced Safety, Health, Environment & ISO Manager a manufacturing background. This role will involve occasional travel within the UK and the willingness to work flexibly out with your standard hours as and when required. A full UK driving licence will be required.