Power Plant Mechancial Maintenance Manager
Manufacturing and Production
Carrington, UK •PERMANENT •Manufacturing and Production
Mechanical Engineer – Power plant
We have been instructed to find a Mechanical Engineer – Power plant for an industry-leading client based in Carrington, Greater Manchester.
The main responsibilities of the role….
- Maintenance and Service of Equipment
- Supports Area Responsible in maintenance planning
- Identifying spare parts requirements and technical specifications for maintenance work
- Support Area Responsible in daily activities, when required
- Creation of Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) for repetitive work, when required
- Creation of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) for maintenance work,
- Reviewing and updating work instructions
- Work effectively with the company CMMS system Maximo
- Follow up of maintenance measures (KPIs) and agree on required actions with Area Responsible.
- Troubleshooting and communicating with production on progress
- Supervision of shutdowns and evaluating work execution time schedules
- Inform shutdown leader of any delays or change needs of shutdown works during a shutdown
- Development of maintenance working methods and practices within own responsibility area
- Identify and Support improvement and Capex projects in the Area of Responsibility
- Work with the mill reliability specialist
- Development of the team within area
- Identification of maintenance improvements and preparation of improvement projects
We are looking for….
- Time Served Apprenticeship with relevant experience, NVQ Level 3 / HNC/HND
- 5 years of supervisory experience within the Mechanical Maintenance Environment
- Team Leadership experience
- QSHE focus
- Modern Mechanical Maintenance Techniques,
- Maintenance of Power/Energy primary and ancillary equipment (GT_ST_ERB)
- Maintenance of Power and Energy conversion systems
- Maintenance of Power plant assets and ancillary equipment
- Maintenance Boiler and steam raising plant inclusive of water and ancillary systems.
- Maintenance of Fuel and Reject treatment plant including ancillary equipment
Interested? Get in touch