Process Engineer – Paper Mill Effluent Plant
We have been instructed to find a Process Engineer to Join a newly established team which will play a pivotal role in a groundbreaking project focused on the installation, commissioning, and start-up of an advanced aerobic and anaerobic effluent treatment plant (ETP).
This state-of-the-art facility based in Deeside forms a crucial part of a larger transformation initiative, which involves the construction of the UK’s largest containerboard machine and tissue machines.
Key aspects to the role…
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant health, safety, and environmental regulations and standards. This includes preparing comprehensive risk assessments and safety procedures to promote a safe and secure working environment.
- Assisting in the management and coordination of site activities during the construction phase, ensuring that projects progress efficiently and according to plan.
- Contributing to the accurate reporting of site progress to project management, providing valuable insights into the implementation and development of various projects.
- Playing a role in managing the commissioning and startup of the plant, ensuring that processes are initiated smoothly and efficiently.
- Assisting in the alignment of budgets and resources with site procedures. This includes contributing to the procurement of materials and equipment, as well as coordinating maintenance and repair work.
- Maintaining meticulous record-keeping systems, including accurate logs of plant operations and maintenance activities. This ensures a comprehensive and organized record of plant activities.
- Collaborating to develop, implement, and refine operational procedures and protocols. These measures are vital to ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the Anaerobic Digestion (AD) plant.
- Collaborate closely with multidisciplinary teams to ensure the successful integration of the ETP within the broader repurposing project.
- Provide essential support to the team of operators and staff engaged in the day-to-day operation of the Anaerobic Digestion (AD) plant.
- Take a lead role in planning and scheduling work, optimizing plant output, and monitoring performance to achieve efficiency and productivity targets.
- Deliver training sessions to enhance the capabilities of operational personnel, ensuring their expertise aligns with the advanced processes of the AD plant.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives aimed at optimizing plant operations, resource utilization, and overall performance.
- Uphold stringent health and safety standards and regulations to create a secure and compliant operating environment.
- Play a vital role in fostering a culture of safety awareness among the team and actively contribute to risk assessment and mitigation efforts.
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or a related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven experience in process engineering, preferably in a paper mill or industrial wastewater treatment setting.
- In-depth knowledge of wastewater treatment processes, including biological, chemical, and physical treatment methods.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations, permits, and environmental standards governing wastewater treatment and discharge.
- Proficiency in process simulation software (e.g., AQUA, BioWin) and data analysis tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex process issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Project management experience, including the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize workloads, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, environmental stewardship, and sustainable practices.
- Willingness to work in a hands-on operational environment, including occasional fieldwork and plant visits.
- WAMITAB COTC4 (Certificate of Technical Competence) ideally in Biological Waste Treatment is desirable, not essential.
- IOSH and NEBOSH certifications are desirable, not essential.
- Line manager qualifications or experience of managing a team by providing coaching and leadership skills.
If you are interested in applying fort his position then please send you Cv through to The Staffing Experts.
This position is advertised with the permission of the Client and The Staffing Experts are acting as an agent providing recruitment services to the Client