Utilities Process Engineer – Paper Mill Operations
We have been instructed to find a Process Engineer to Join the Utilities team at the cutting edge of a transformative project. As a Process Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in monitoring and enhancing utility processes and outputs within the area.
Operating with a focus on safety, quality, environment, and efficiency, you will be part of a dynamic team engaged in repurposing the site. Your expertise will contribute to the construction of a state-of-the-art packaging and tissue plant, making a tangible impact on the future operations.
- Monitor and optimise utility processes and outputs, ensuring adherence to health and safety regulations, legislative compliance, and environmental standards.
- Lead shutdown safety measures, while enhancing productivity and cost optimisation within the utilities domain.
- Provide leadership in problem-solving, employing Route Cause Analysis (R.C.A.) techniques to develop and implement effective solutions.
- Coach, train, and develop operatives in operational procedures, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Apply preventative maintenance techniques, ensuring the efficient and reliable operation of equipment within your area of responsibility.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives, aligning with mill strategic objectives and optimising fixed and variable costs.
- Collaborate effectively within a diverse team, engaging in clear and concise communication, both written and verbal.
- Update process and product quality data, compile reports, and disseminate vital information to support operational efficiency.
- Hold a Bachelor of Science or higher degree in Process Engineering or Energy, with a chemistry background beneficial.
- Become a qualified Production Authorised Person (PAP) to uphold safety and compliance standards.
- Proficiency in SAP, SAGE, and MS Office tools is essential for effective utility management.
- Demonstrate a self-starting, solution-oriented mindset and flexibility in a changing environment.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Operate within the Utilities operational area and portable offices within a major construction site.
- Travel within the UK and overseas may be required as part of this role.
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Process Engineering or Energy, with a chemistry background advantageous.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with experience in Route Cause Analysis (R.C.A.).
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
- Proven track record of coaching and training operational teams.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance techniques and continuous improvement practices.
- Self-driven, flexible approach with a commitment to high-quality work.
- Willingness to adapt to a changing environment and contribute to team success.
- Motivated, proactive attitude, eager to develop and grow within the business.
This position is based in Deeside, Flintshire, North Wales.
If you are interested in applying fort his position then please send you Cv through to The Staffing Experts.
This position is advertised with the permission of the Client and The Staffing Experts are acting as an agent providing recruitment services to the Client